Tuesday, October 28, 2008

talking toddlers

These two are just cracking me up today! We are having nasty weather here - slushy rain and snow! It started coming down really heavy while the boys were napping. When Charlie woke up, I walked over to our big front window and showed him. He was amazed! Those big blue eyes were like saucers! I said, "Charlie that's snow." He looked at me a bit confused at first, then he said "oh yucky, messy mommy". It was so funny. I just gave him a hug and said yeah its a mess outside!
This afternoon I was cleaning downstairs a bit, just a little at a time to prepare for their birthday party on Saturday. I had come upstairs for a few minutes since they were playing happily downstairs....thought I'd catch up on some of my blog friends (haha, yeah right.) Within moments of sitting down, I hear little footsteps coming up the stairs. Zach comes up and stands in the kitchen (he couldnt see me, I was in the Living room). He says "Where are yooouuuu Mooommmmyyyy?" It was so funny! This is a game I play with him sometimes to distract him from things when he's upset. When I called out to him that I was in the Living room he came running and said "up". Then he looked at me and said "Where's Chaaarlieeee?" He's so freaking cute! So we went back downstairs to all clean together.
Haha - I switched the toys around a bit so now they are completely occupied with the new set up! I can grab a few moments to catch up on all my "stuff"!

1 comment:

Harris Boys said...

awww soooo sweet!! love that they know each other's name..I can hear it now :)