Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween and Birthday Party

We could not decide what to do for the boys birthday this year. They love Elmo and they love trains! They know who Thomas the train is, but I was just not into doing a full Thomas party. So we did a bit of both! I got them big Elmo balloons and big Thomas balloons! (no pictures silly me....) My mom found the Train conductor type overalls for the boys (just to have because I love the boys in overalls!). Then she found a little set at Toys R Us with the hat, whistle and handkerchief! They looked sooo cute! Excuse Zach's mouthful - he was eating a chip! LOL
The cakes! Uncle Keith made the Elmo cake, and the Train cake was a group effort by Marc and I! They both just loooovvvveee cake!


Charlie loves the icing best it seems....he always gets it all over, yet has to use a "ferk" to eat!


Meanwhile Zach just digs into cake with his hands! And since this is a much faster way to eat the cake, he then heads over to eat some of Charlie's! :)



All dressed up....the hats didn't stay on long enough for the picture!










Halloween was fun! We weren't sure what we were going to do because we had planned the boys birthday party for the next day (I have to remember to never do that again - a party the day after Halloween is a bit much!) But I had gotten lots of cleaning done and we were in pretty good shape so we took a walk into "town" where all the trick or treaters go. We even brought Molly....this was her first real walk because she had been afraid of the leash! What a mistake to make it on Halloween! She was afraid of all the cars, and all the people overwhelmed her. We switched off and on who was holding her like a baby. The boys were "Little Devils". Charlie loves his pops, while Zach enjoyed a cookie from home. We really didn't go to houses, just went out to see all the happenings.....






































5 comments:

Tabbatha said...

Awww too cute! Awesome cakes!! You had a busy weekend.

Harris Boys said...

LOVE the cakes!!!!
can you believe your boys are TWO???

Harris Boys said...

hey betsy!

I use www.scrapblog.com to make my headers. its a fun website with backgrounds,etc that you can make your own.

I also use windows live writer to creat my posts. google windows live writer and you can download it for free. soooo much easier to use than the blogger template for posts. you can move your pics around easier.

Have fun, any q's just let me know.

Tonya Staab said...

Wow, I can't believe you had the party the day after halloween. Super mom. Were they on a sugar high by Monday?

They look gorgeous as train conductors and as devils and the Elmo cake looks fantastic.

cat said...

Very cute cakes! Good lick with Molly's training. She is adorable.