Today we also had Zachary's re-evaluation with Early Intervention. He was having a BAD day too. We went to a playdate this morning, he was so overwhelmed he just wanted me to hold him and he kept rubbing my hair on his cheek. I always feel so bad for him because I don't know how to help him feel more "safe". He has many sensory issues but they aren't qualifying him for that. Instead its for his lack of self help skills (which I feel is partially my fault.....I just feel its so much easier to just get them dressed and undressed myself!), and for his lack of responsive communication. This means when they asked him to point to something or get something he didn't do it, he almost tried to do something else. He is always been the kinda kid who does what he wants when he wants. He doesn't follow simple commands yet....but I just thought this was Zach. And it is, its just hard to hear there is a little something wrong with your baby....
Anyway, here's a few pictures from the past few days -
Our new hats and mittens came yesterday! The boys were amazed by the mittens and loved clapping their hands with them on!
2 comments:
Sometimes it is just easier to do things for them. You don't want to battle the crankiness or the extra time it takes to get things done.
Gorgeous pics of the boys :)
Hope he will do better soon. It is never easy to find out something is "wrong" with your child - doubly so with twins as the otner one is ok.
Post a Comment